Top 5 Recommended Web Analytics Tools
A digital marketing strategy will fail to help you understand and unlock the full potential of your campaign if you don’t have the right metrics in place. We have complied a list of our favourite web analytic tools which you can use to understand the effectiveness of your digital marketing campaign. From these successes or failures, you can adapt your campaign accordingly.
Our Top 5 Recommended Web Analytics Tools:
- Google Analytics (Free) – Google launched its free analytics software in 2005. Since then it has since become the most widely used web analytics service on the web. With features ranging from customized reports to useful graphical representations of data – all for FREE – it’s easy to understand why it is one of the most popular web analytics tools.
- Mint ($30 once off) – Mint is seen as one of the more popular alternatives to Google Analytics. However, it does require some technical skills to use effectively. With a price tag of $30 per site, Mint offers unlimited site tracking and has an extensive plug-in library for additional functionality.
- Woopra – Woopra is another very popular alternative to Google Analytics. They offer a free trial based on the activity and popularity of your website (Up to 30,000 actions/month) and extend to paid versions where payment is made on a monthly/yearly basis. “While traditional web analytics services focus on the pageview or impression as the central unit of measurement, Woopra’s focus is on the whole suite of customer engagement and interaction across all of your different tools” – source
- KISS Metrics – KISS Metrics was founded in 2008 and offers a free 14-day trial period. With a wide range of metrics and graphical data representation, KISS Metrics makes it easy to monitor visitor behaviour and campaign performance.
- Crazy Egg (From $9/mo) – Crazy Egg (founded in 2006) offers a free 30-day trial with a follow up payment plan starting from $9/month. One of the more unique selling points of Crazy Egg is it’s ‘heat maps’. Crazy Egg displays relevant data on a heat map to identify high traffic sources and pin-point successful marketing strategies. With one of the more visually stimulating representations of data, Crazy Egg easily makes it onto our list.
We would love to hear from you! What are some of your favourite web analytics tools? Please leave a comment below.
Find out More about Our Services and how we can help you.